OWLDiff is a project aiming at providing diff/merge functionality for OWL ontologies. It can be used as a
- standalone application
- version control system diff tool
- plugin for the NeON toolkit - developed within another project, see here.
- plugin for Protege - see here
The OWLDiff provides the following features:
- support for OWL 2 ontologies,
- Inference markup and explanations between the ontologies,
- Fully semantical CEX diff for EL ontologies,
- various visualization options - plain axiom list/asserted frame/classified frame view,
- various syntax options - Manchester syntax vs. Description Logics syntax
Petr Kremen, Marek Smid and Zdenek Kouba. OWLDiff: A practical tool for comparison and merge of OWL ontologies. In Proceedings of DEXA 2011 Workshops. IEEE Computer Society Press. To appear in September 2011.
The project is available at SourceForge.